[Anima Dance] Field Well this Friday at WPA

Rachel Brooker rachel_brooker at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 09:15:53 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone--
Below is more info about our performance this Friday. We're going first, with a 15-minute premiere Field Well, followed by singing and poetry. I've also attached a poster with more details on the piece.
Hope to see you friday!!
Rachel

Wellness Partners in the Arts

319 West Main Street

Durham, NC 27701

In the Heart of Downtown Durham

The New Deal Friday, April 15th, 7:30-9:30 pm, $5 admission for adults, $2 for children
The New Deal is a showcase of original dance and visual arts, along with a diverse selection of music, theater, short films, spoken word and more. Part of “3rd Fridays” downtown Durham Culture Crawl. Featured artists for this New Deal will be dancer, Rachel Brooker premiering new choreography, folksinger Kathleen Hannon and poet, David T. Manning.

Rachel Brooker has a B.A. in dance and Biology from Swarthmore College. She has directed Anima Dance since 2000. She is fascinated by movement, bodywork and improvisation and loves sharing her work with others.

Kathleen Hannan has been leading group singing for almost 40 years. She is a certified Alexander Teacher, and a NC Arts Council Songwriter Fellowship Grant recipient.

David T. Manning has won a number of awards from the North Carolina Poetry Society, including its Poet Laureate Award in 1996 and again in 1998. He is the current host of The Friday Noon Poets of Chapel Hill, N.C.  A Pushcart nominee, his poems have appeared in Asheville Poetry Review, Free Lunch, Southern Poetry Review, The Christian Century, Main Street Rag, Pembroke Magazine, Rattle, New Orleans Review and other journals. His previous chapbooks include, Negotiating Physics and Other Poems (1999), Poets Anonymous (2001), and Out After Dark (2003).