xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Missing EnclosingMethod attribute

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Missing EnclosingMethod attribute
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 06:37:23 -0500

First I've heard of this, but it sounds plausible. I'll have to look into it.

XOM actually goes to great lengths to avoid reflection internally, so
as long as you don't use reflection on XOM's private parts, you'll
probably be OK.

In the meantime if the warning bothers you, try changing target="1.2"
to target="1.5" in the BUILD file and recompiling from source.

As far as I can tell with a quick Google search this is only a problem
in Eclipse.

Longterm I'll need to think about what to do about this. I may have to
make two binaries. At this point I'd be willing to make the default
1.4 but not 1.5.

elharo AT ibiblio.org