xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Missing EnclosingMethod attribute

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Olivier Lefevre <lefevrol AT yahoo.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Missing EnclosingMethod attribute
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 12:21:18 +0100

Today for the first time I tried to use XOM in Android and was greeted with
this error message on the console:

Dx warning: Ignoring InnerClasses attribute for an anonymous inner class
(nu.xom.Element$1) that doesn't come with an associated EnclosingMethod
attribute. This class was probably produced by a compiler that did not
target the modern .class file format. The recommended solution is to
recompile the class from source, using an up-to-date compiler and without
specifying any "-target" type options. The consequence of ignoring this
warning is that reflective operations on this class will incorrectly
indicate that it is *not* an inner class.

Also affected is an anonymous inner class of nu.xom.Verifier. Do you know
what they are talking about and should I really recompile?

Regards,

-- O.L.