xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] java.net migration

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Michael Ludwig <milu71 AT gmx.de>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] java.net migration
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 00:03:44 +0100

Elliotte Rusty Harold schrieb am 15.11.2010 um 16:12 (-0500):
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson AT gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Short term, Google code might be a little better Elliotte?
>
> Very possibly. First I'd need to figure out how to import the old
> repository. Has anyone done this from java.net?

I would also suggest taking a look at Git and Github. It is more complex
in concept and so it takes some time to get up to speed, but there are
also advantages like speed, offline work, and many features.

I don't know if there is also a HgHub or MercurialHub. Mercurial/Hg
passes as being more user-friendly than Git.

Here's the video of the Git lecture by the master himself:

Linus Torvalds on git
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

--
Michael Ludwig