xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Problem with Xerces/XOMHandler.inInternalSubset reading from File but not FileReader or FileInputStream

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Problem with Xerces/XOMHandler.inInternalSubset reading from File but not FileReader or FileInputStream
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 06:50:20 -0400

After a great deal of effort, I have not been able to reproduce this
bug at all. I've made a few adjustments that may cure the problem, but
I have no way of knowing for sure. I did find one way in which a
misbehaving parser could sneak bad data into XOM and plugged that gap.
However as to this specific bug I just don't see any way it could
possibly have arisen if the reporters were in fact using any version
of Xerces. :-(

elharo AT ibiblio.org