xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Maven - Repository

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Maven - Repository
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:34:08 -0400

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Geoffrey Wiseman
<geoffrey.wiseman AT gmail.com> wrote:
> I see the notice that there were changes in 1.2.2 to better support Maven;
> I'm not sure what that means -- can someone point me to more information?
> And I see there was commentary about pushing 1.2.2 up to a Maven Repository,
> but that doesn't seem to have happened -- is that something we can move
> forward on?  This is always a stumbling block to my using xom, and I'd
> rather get rid of the stumbling block.

I haven't pushed 1.2.2 heavily because shortly after release some
long-standing bugs were found that are hopefully fixed in 1.2.3. And
now there's a report of another bug in 1.2.3. Help is always needed.
In particular, please test 1.2.3 and let me know if it works or if
there are any problems.

It would also help if the maven upload process were more automatable
on either end. Currently it requires a lot of manual bug filing and
uploading. Ideally "ant mavenpush" should store the current version in
the repository.

elharo AT ibiblio.org