xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XML Schema validation via JAXP

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XML Schema validation via JAXP
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:45:41 -0400

Peter Stibrany wrote:
Hello,

Re 2: Installing custom error handler helped me to solve my problem on
JDK 1.6. Thank you!

Re 1: why is XMLReaderFactory preferred over SAXParserFactory
approach? If I would use XMLReaderFactory, I would need to rely on
implementation-specific features to use schema validation.

SAXParserFactory is designed to fill holes in SAX 1. It is designed and intended for SAX 1 code only. SAX 1 hasn't been in use since the last millennium. In 2007, SAX2 and XMLReaderFactory is the way to go.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!