xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz AT sonic.net>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:10:36 -0700

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 03:18, Elliotte Harold wrote:
> Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > Elliotte,

Well, I can't really keep up the devil's advocate thing on this one. But
the programming convenience and performance advantages of late-model
JVMs and the of the Java language are not negligible, in my opinion.

I'm sure you'll balk at this--I would--but I'm seeing some library JARs
released in multiple versions, depending on which version of Java / JVM
they are to be used with. The JGraphT and Javolution libraries do this,
e.g.. Both use generics and have some sort of retro transformation that
renders their source code pre-1.5 compatible. I don't know offhand
whether they use any of the new library / compiler types such as
Iterable and if so how they handle that.

Randall Schulz