xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Cass Costello" <casspc AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Elliotte Harold" <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Olivier Lefevre <lefevrol AT yahoo.com>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:07:03 -0700

What are the disadvantages you see, Elliotte?

On 5/29/07, Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

Olivier Lefevre wrote:
> It is now 2007. Not only Java 5 but Java 6 have been out for a while.
> Any chance of Elements (and any similar classes) implementing the
> Iterable interface in the near future?

No. My experience is that many, perhaps most, companies have only
recently moved to Java 1.4, and are just starting to think about Java 5.
I see little benefit to supporting Iterable, and huge disadvantges to
it. Maybe in 5 years. Not now.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!