xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Xom and Jaxen dependency

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Adam Constabaris <adamc AT unc.edu>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Xom and Jaxen dependency
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:14:22 -0500

Elliotte Harold wrote:
Adam Constabaris wrote:
For
the record, Maven does have a facility for declaring "version X or later" in a dependency (e.g. "[2.4)" for "version 2.4 or later"), although I'm not clear on how well it works.

Is that available in Maven 1?

Version ranges are M2 only, unfortunately.

There's a guide to the range syntax (which I goofed in my example, there should be a comma before the paren), which seems reasonably intuitive to me:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution

--
Adam Constabaris
ITS Knowledge Management, UNC-CH