xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Canonicalizer Performance

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Steve Loughran" <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Canonicalizer Performance
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:03:43 +0100

On 28/08/06, Wolfgang Hoschek <wolfgang.hoschek AT mac.com> wrote:

Rather, the namespaces might be *partitioned* over the document.
Something like this

<root>
<elem xmlns:ns1="http://foo";>...</elem?
<elem xmlns:ns2="http://foo";>...</elem?
<elem xmlns:ns3="http://foo";>...</elem?
</root>

I've occasionally seen such output from some SOAP serializers.
Admittedly not the kind of input one might hope for, but at the same
time, not something that should cause dramatic degradation or failure.

this is apache axis, so yes, it is likely. Axis 1.x, right? Or the
newer-and-not-yet-stable Axis 2.0 product?

This could be something to complain to the axis team about. I am
effectively retired from that project, so refuse to accept the bug
report.

I am curious, though, how the doc is being built up. It doesnt look as
nasty as pure Axis-generated doc/lit payloads normally are; the schema
is clearly human-designed, even if their choice of lat/long
coordinates over UTM is a bit dubious (UTM, OSGB and the like have a
standard datum, but lat/long co-ords is more prone to differences).
Looks like a bit rowset of a database query, with enough empty
elements to show that xsi:nil is being ignored.
<a10:event>
<a11:point/>
<a12:detail/>
</a10:event>
Normally I'd expect Axis to drown the stack in xsi:nil calls:

-Steve