xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Canonicalizer Performance

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Canonicalizer Performance
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:13:14 -0400

Sean Truman wrote:
I have a 3MB xml ( http://download.nuparadigm.com/xom-issue/test.xml )
file
that I am trying to canonicalize and it is taking close to 14 Minutes
for
xom on a P4 3.2 with 1GB ram to canonicalize it. Any idea?

Not off the top of my head. There's probably a O(N^2) algorithm in there
somewhere or some such. I'll have to profile it and take a look.
However, this isn't going to happen momentarily barring funding, I'm
afraid. Right now I have several paying projects I have to give priority
too.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!