xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] BNUX Question

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder AT yahoo.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] BNUX Question
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:31:31 -0700 (PDT)

--- Galip Aydin <gaydin AT grids.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote:

Hi Galip, one quick question:

> Wolfgang,
> I've been doing some tests to compare BNUX and Fast
> Infoset performance for
> various document sizes, my findings are;
> - Encoding: FI (with SAX) is almost twice as fast as
> BNUX (with stax) ,
> - Decoding: BNUX is 2 to 3 times faster than FI.

Just to make sure, by encoding do you mean output
(serialization), and by decoding reading (parsing)?
This seems interesting, if so: on output side stax
implementation should not have any effect. But it may
be that using a buffered writer might help.

There are far fewer configurable pieces on output side
though, so this seems peculiar. I have usually seen
performance ratios to be roughly similar for both
input and output.

-+ Tatu +-