xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Caching XSLTransform

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Cass Costello" <casspc AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Caching XSLTransform
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:45:30 -0700

What's the best best/common practice for caching and reusing XSLTransform
objects? I'm used to globally caching single instances of a Templates
object, and then grabbing Transformers, setting params and transforming on
each execution thread.

XSLTransform encapsulates a Templates, but xsl parameters are held in
instance fields, so I can't take the same general approach. My first
thought was to subclass XSLTransform and add a method for passing in maps of
params, but XSLTransform is final, and many of its dependent classes aren't
visible outside its package.

Before I go off on some half-baked quick fix, I'm wondering if there's a
common approach in the field for caching and reusing "paramterized"
XSLTransforms.

Thanks much,
Cass