xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Query: Any way to determine ordering of twonodes?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Gregory Garretson <gregory AT garretson.info>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Query: Any way to determine ordering of twonodes?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:32:54 -0500

Thanks Wolfgang, Michael and Mike. Your suggestions are in line with what I was thinking. Luckily, in the app at hand, namespaces aren't an issue, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Regards,
Gregory

Michael Kay wrote:

Attribute nodes don't have an intrinsic ordering: you have to invent an
arbitrary ordering and make sure it's applied consistently.

Namespace nodes often have only a transient physical existence since most
models store namespace declarations rather than namespace nodes; but you
still need to devise a stable and repeatable ordering.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/