xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Query: Any way to determine ordering of twonodes?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: "'Mike Colbert'" <mbcolbert AT yahoo.com>, <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Query: Any way to determine ordering of twonodes?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:03:08 -0000

Attribute nodes don't have an intrinsic ordering: you have to invent an
arbitrary ordering and make sure it's applied consistently.

Namespace nodes often have only a transient physical existence since most
models store namespace declarations rather than namespace nodes; but you
still need to devise a stable and repeatable ordering.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/