xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Xstream/Stax integration

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Xstream/Stax integration
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:32:06 +0100

On 8/24/05, Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov> wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2005, at 3:15 AM, Elliotte Harold wrote:
>

> > The only scenario where I can see StAX being present and SAX not
> > being present is in J2ME. However, XOM really isn't going to work
> > in J2ME. It's just too heavyweight. In such an environment, you'd
> > use straight StAX, not StAX+XOM.
>
> My impression is that this thread started out because new tools such
> as Axis2 and XFire only expose Stax interfaces, but no SAX interfaces.

That is right; all the next generation SOAP Stacks are built on StAX;
I was looking at creating a Xom graph from the body of a message.
"Integration with StAX-centric tools" has to be a major use-case.

Certainly that is the one I am struggling with, though the
dependency-graph-hell of certain WSRF toolkits are keeping a long way
from worrying about xom integration right now.