xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Xstream/Stax integration

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Dan Diephouse <dan AT envoisolutions.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Xstream/Stax integration
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:21:01 -0700

Also, what's your experience wrt. underlying Stax impls? e.g. Sun, BEA, ...

Don't use the BEAs (== the RI) as its slow, has weird bugs, and things like creating an XMLStreamReader/Writer from a Source aren't implemented. Haven't used Sun's. I *highly* recommend Woodstox (http://woodstox.codehaus.org) as its fast (about 33% faster then the RI from my non scientific tests), it works, and its very well supported.

I have a pretty detailed performance testbench here. When your codebase has stabilized and is deemed reliable, I'll be happy to run it through, comparing it with a variety of other XOM or non-XOM models. No need to rush tough :-)

Wolfgang.