xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Xstream/Stax integration

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Xstream/Stax integration
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:14:32 -0700

On Aug 23, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:

Interesting. I encourage you to take this further. For example, have you plugged this into some kind of test driver? For example, take a few thousand weird documents from all sorts of publicly downloadable testsuites, run them through both your Stax Builder and the normal XOM Builder, produce canonical XML from them, and compare results for equality. See what happens...

I don't think you'd even need to bother with canonical XML. XOMTestCase should be able to compare the documents directly, and might even pick up a few bits canonical XML throws away (particularly the DOCTYPE declaration). The results should be illuminating.

Fine.

BTW, Dan, if you're interested, here are some downloadable test document collections to get started:

- XML conformance test suite http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/#releases
- XInclude conformance test suite http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/XInclude/ #releases
- XML Query Test Suite (XQTS) http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/test-suite/.
- XOM test suite http://www.xom.nu/