xom-interest - [XOM-interest] serializing XOM objects

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Luca Passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] serializing XOM objects
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:22:16 +0200

Hello,

I have a servlet that uses HttpSessions to keep track of user data. I save Document objects in the session and when I restart tomcat I see this in the logs:

SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: nu.xom.Document
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: nu.xom.Document
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1278)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
at java.util.HashMap.readObject(HashMap.java:1006)
:

if I remember correctly there was a lot of discussions in the past about how XOM objects cannot be serialized.
Now, this is not a real issue for me yet, but is there a way I can avoid messages like this in my logs?

thanks

Luca