xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Re: Java and parsing XHTML (luca)

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: luca <passani AT eunet.no>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Re: Java and parsing XHTML (luca)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:53:01 +0200

Elliotte Harold wrote:

Now why didn't I think of that? You wouldn't even have to build most of the document, and the parse would do the traversal for you. This should be much faster and more efficient than using XPath.

OK, I am almonst there. Just a bit perplexed here. I get the node, how
do I retrieve the src attribute?

public Element startMakingElement(String name, String namespace) {
if (name.equals("img") ) {
urls.add(????????);
}
return new Element(name, namespace);
}

or alternativly, I have the attribute, how do I get to the element name?

public Nodes makeAttribute(String name, String URI,
String value, Attribute.Type type) {
//which element?????
//quick and dirty I could go for name.equals("src")...
return empty;
}

yeah, this is obviously more efficient and faster than building
and traversing the DOM. Good job..

thanks

Luca