xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] RFE: Element.appendChild(String text) shouldreturn "this" for chaining

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: passani AT eunet.no
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] RFE: Element.appendChild(String text) shouldreturn "this" for chaining
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:50:26 -0400

passani AT eunet.no scripsit:

> he says ythat, given the way generics were introduced,
> one just gets a shorthand
> for casting objects, rather than anything as powerful at templates
> in C++ (not that I really know what Templates are all about...)

<rant>Given that C++ templates are Turing-complete, they are actually a
convoluted and difficult method for executing code at compile time.
If you want Lisp macros or Perl BEGIN blocks, you know where to
find them, and they are smoothly integrated with the rest of the
language.

Templates are just another part of the autonavelization of C++.</rant>

--
John Cowan www.ccil.org/~cowan www.reutershealth.com
jcowan AT reutershealth.com