xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Multi ClassLoader environments

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Michael Abato <mrabato AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Multi ClassLoader environments
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:22:29 -0400

I've made some adjustments in CVS so that XOM no longer sets the org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration system property. Instead it uses a subclass of org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser that should be invisible to programs that don't care to know about it. This should make it much friendlier to multiclassloader environments such as Tomcat. If you can, please grab it from CVS and let me know if it helps. If CVS is inconvenient let me know and I'll send you a jar.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)