xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM API stability

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "John Cowan" <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM API stability
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:39:03 -0500

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:

> That's not so much of a problem. The xpointer attribute and the new
> namespace URI are problems, not insurmountable by any means, but big
> enough that I'm worried about what else may change in the future. I
> had thought the CR was pretty solid. Now I'm a lot less confident.

Pushback on the CR, though limited, was strong enough to induce a
rethink of the interoperability problem. I don't expect a big
change in future, although of course it's still possible.

The reason to split the XPointer from the URI was to work around
the fact that there is still no definition of what a fragment id
on an XML document means.

--
"What has four pairs of pants, lives John Cowan
in Philadelphia, and it never rains http://www.reutershealth.com