xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d9

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d9
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:44:44 -0500

I'm pleased to announce that I've posted version 1.0d9 of XOM in the usual location:

http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/XOM/

API changes and bug fixes in this release include:

Removed vestigial getNextSibling() and getPreviousSibling() methods from Document. These should have been removed earlier.

In Comment:
Renamed check to checkValue
Renamed setData to setValue
In ProcessingInstruction class:
Renamed checkData to checkValue
Renamed setData to setValue
In Text:
Renamed check to checkValue
Renamed setData to setValue
In ParentNode:
Renamed checkRemove to checkRemoveChild for symmetry with checkInsertChild
Moved these two methods down into Element:

public final void appendChild(String text)
public final void insertChild(String text, int position)

Fixed Builder bug that prevented parsing File objects whose filenames contained spaces and other non-URL legal characters

Fixed equals() method in Attribute.Type to work in mutliclassloader environments

Corrected usage instructions in samples programs to include the package name

Added checks on values of xml:base attributes that they are legal IRIs. Mainly this involves checking the hex escaping.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo AT metalab.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
| Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |