wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:21:47 -0500

Hello,

Happy freakishly warm Friday! Hope it stays this nice throughout the weekend. Speaking of nice, here’s list of some things you have to look forward to this week on WXYC:

On tonight’s Inside Track, 9-10pm, we'll hear Sold Out, the latest release from NC native turned Berlin resident DJ Paypal. Cinematic, video game-y, whirring hi hats, 808s, snare breaks, jazz, vocal samples, 160 bpm, heavenly synthscapes, and more, this album is all over the place & has a cohesive DJ Paypal weird-n-wacky feel.

Tonight's New Science Experience will feature round two of our NSE & Friends night where we invite a group of novice DJs to play their favorite jams. Expect an eclectic mix of hip hop, R&B, house, and pop bangers. Tune in from 10pm to midnight.

We’ll be pulling from our folk collection again this Sunday for another edition of Orange County Special, 11am-1pm. Tune in and enjoy as guest DJ Delaney O. plays some of her favorite folk artists.

Sunday from 1 to 2pm, Andy S. will feature music from Charlie Poole and the North Carolina Ramblers on Hell or High Water.

And Monday from 9 to 10pm, tune in to the Outside Track to hear Helsinki scuzz-rock trio Olimpia Splendid's self-titled. Finnish experimental vets Jonna Karanka and Katri Sipiläinen create general discord with angular, fuzzed out grooves, complemented by the fried growl of singer/guitarist Heta Bilaletdin.