wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciatin' This Saturday!!! Plus yumminess and some ONE DAY specials!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciatin' This Saturday!!! Plus yumminess and some ONE DAY specials!!!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:20:27 -0400

Hi folks!
Short e-mail this week!

The big news this week is our imminent Member Appreciation Day!!! Hooray for Member Appreciation Day!!!

This Saturday, owners will receive 10% discounts off off all purchases ALL DAY LONG!! Woo hoo! Plus delicious samples throughout the day, but especially from 12-4! COme on out and get some discounts and get some appreciation! YOu deserve it!

For those of you that are Harry Potter fans, take a break from reading the new book and get out of the house and visit Wheatsville. Get some refreshments and other provisions to help get you through all 600+ pages! And, if you've started reading it (or if you somehow finish it!) before you see me, please keep it to yourself! I have to wait until I get home on Saturday night to read it!!!

The word from the land of Cheese
Passendale is a soft cheese made from cow's milk that is produced in the Flanders region of Belgium. This cheese is typically formed into a shape similar to a round bread loaf with an outer rough rind that is covered with a dusting of fine white mold. As a fresh cheese, the interior is cream colored and smooth with tiny eyes throughout. As it ages, the interior turns into a golden tan. Passendale has a slightly tangy, but mellow flavor that is a good cheese to serve for snacking or grilling.

Serving Suggestions:

• Excellent for parties as an addition to the cheese tray.
• Serve as an appetizer with crusty French bread or crackers.
• Makes an appetizing snack when served with fresh fruits.
• Serve it as a dessert cheese with fruit such as pears, apples or grapes.

Pairing With Wine- Passendale would also go well with light white wines such as Alsatian Pinot Gris or New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. When serving with red wine, select a full-bodied Cotes du Rhone (Syrah).

Produce
Summer is such a great time of year for fruit, so please be sure that you are getting your fill.
Check out the Organic Grapes, Organic Berries and more!
We've got Texas Hill Country Peaches today, but we don't know how much longer they will be available! They've been very good this year.
Remember, we don't refrigerate our stone fruit at Wheatsville (Peaches, nectarines, plums) so they ripen deliciously! But, you need to plan to eat the ones you get shortly after purchase!
Also, look for cut fruit in the produce department! Very delicious!

Monthly Board Meeting!
Wheatsville's monthly board meeting is next Tuesday at 6pm in the Wheatsville Annex (the former InStep building behind Wheatsville)

Have you seen some of our commercials on Youtube?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QCaos9GidV8

We hope to see you this Saturday!!!

Dan
Wheatsville e-mail guy and GM!
Are you our MySpace Friend?
http://myspace.com/wheatsvillecoop

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciatin' This Saturday!!! Plus yumminess and some ONE DAY specials!!!, Dan Gillotte, 07/18/2007