wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and lots of yummy foods!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and lots of yummy foods!
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:36:28 -0400

Hello Wheatsville friends!

Our next Member Appreciation Day will be Saturday July 21st! (not this Saturday, but the next) Owners get a 10% discount off all purchases all day long! Plus, we'll have some delicious samples from 12-4! This is a good day for those friends of yours that aren't Wheatsville owners to join on up! New owners can save on Saturday, right away!

From the Land of Cheese!
This week I am going to be featuring our Mexican Olive Mix, this is black and green olives, peppers, red bells, baby corn and raw pepper corns in a spicy harissa sauce.

I will also be featuring our White Stilton with Lemon Zest with a wine pairing suggestion and recipe. This stilton is considered a dessert cheese but when paired with salty or spicy foods, its flavor is changed and it becomes less sweet; it actually goes really well with our new olive mix.

Meat department news!
Applegate Great organic all beef hotdogs
are on member coupons for 75¢ off.

Bryan our meat guy says, "Folks we've got new pork to talk about. Brought to us by the great folks at Coleman Natural Meats (colemannatural.com).

Our Natural Pork
Are never fed or administered antibiotics... EVER
Are raised with no growth promotants
Are always 100% vegetarian fed, with no animal by-products or animal fats
Are not pumped or injected with water or additives of any kind
Are raised with focus on animal welfare
Offers consistent great taste and tenderness
Try it out and tell us how you like it!"

In the deli
Did you know that all of our coffee in the deli is fair trade organic? And that we provide organic milk and half and half, soy creamer, organic sugar, turbinado sugar and agave nectar for our coffee drinks? How many other places in town do that? (I'll give you a hint: I don't know of any.) So, if you want your coffee drinks to match up to qualities of the the rest of your grocery basket, come by and get a cup of coffee at Wheatsville! We also have incredible cold brewed iced coffee and a delicious Thai Iced Coffee, too!

We have some delicious new items from our friend the Mediterranean Chef (the maker of the well-loved savory pies that are in the
full service case)
We're introducing 2 Tapenade choices, Classic & Chipotle
Essence of the Mediterranean Spread; a yummy tomato based topping
and a really yummy Fava bean spread. It's like a delicious improvement on hummus!

All of these are found in self serve
We also have a new flavor of savory pie: artichoke....(in the full serve case!)

Try our special summer smoothie: 3 berry smoothie...yummm!

Our friends at First Alternative Natural Foods Co-op in Corvallis, Oregon have shared two great recipes that their co-op member-owner's love that we'll be making for the first 2 weeks of July!

Baked Potato Salad
One of our favorite comfort foods made into a great tasting, picnic perfect potato salad. Redskin potatoes, sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk and crisp cooked bacon are combined to make this favorite salad unique.

Edamame Mint Salad
Fresh soybeans are shelled and blanched, then mixed together with meaty Roma tomatoes, cucumbers and garlic, all dressed up with olive oil, lemon juice and fresh chopped mint.
Save .75 per pound

Our very own! Salsa of the month: All Fruit Salsa, mildly spicy full of fruit such as peaches, mangos, strawberries…..

We hope to see you soon!!!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and lots of yummy foods!, Dan Gillotte, 07/12/2007