wheatsville - [Wheatsville] 4th of July!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] 4th of July!
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:41:08 -0400

Hi Wheatsville folks!

Happy Independence Day! I hope that you have a fun day planned if you are off today. We're open til 9pm, so come and visit us so we can feel good about being at work today! We close early, store at 9pm, deli at 8:30pm.

In Cheese this week!
For the fourth of July week I am featuring two different cheese boxes. One is a Brie and fruit box with French peppered, French herbed and canadian brie with organic strawberries and cherries. The other is a hard cheese and fruit box with manchego, ibores and argentinian parmesan with assorted fruits. Both boxes are $5.99. Also, Bries are served best at room temp and hard cheeses hold up well in warm weather due to their low moisture content, so both are perfect for picnicking. I also have three new items in the case, White stilton with lemon zest,a dessert cheese; Braided string cheese with caraway, this one is fun because you get to unbraid it and then eat it like string cheese or use it as you would any other cheese; and the other is a mexican olive mix with black and green olives, baby corn, pickled pepper corns and pimento in a spicy harissa marinade.

From Bryan in the Meat department
All
right all you grass-fed beef lovers line up! We will have a great grilling selection this fourth of july from Bastrop Cattle Company. It's never too rainy for grilling!

Ribeyes $24.99 lb
 Chuck steak $12.99lb
 Bone-in Sirloin steak $10.99lb
 Ground chuck 80/20 $6.99lb.
T-bone Steak $ 21.99lb

    Supply is limited.

    Also great on the grill, Buddy's natural chicken. We will have boneless skinless breast on sale for 6.29lb (regular 6.59). Leg quarters in family pact for 1.49lb.

From our kitchen to your belly!
Our
friends at First Alternative Natural Foods Co-op in Corvallis, Oregon have shared two great recipes that their co-op member-owner's love that we'll be making for the first 2 weeks of July!

Baked Potato Salad
One
of our favorite comfort foods made into a great tasting, picnic perfect potato salad. Redskin potatoes, sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk and crisp cooked bacon are combined to make this favorite salad unique.

Edamame Mint Salad
Fresh
soybeans are shelled and blanched, then mixed together with meaty Roma tomatoes, cucumbers and garlic, all dressed up with olive oil, lemon juice and fresh chopped mint.
Save .75 per pound

Our very own! Salsa of the month: All Fruit Salsa, mildly spicy full of fruit such as peaches, mangos, strawberries…..

While we all Celebrate our Country's Independence, Celebrate our local Independents too! (July 1-7)
Support local businesses all year long, but celebrate them July 1-7!

Celebrate Independents Week by participating in the Indie Challenge, a contest where customers collect receipts from locally owned businesses during Independents Week and send them to the Ausitin Independent Business Alliance (AIBA). The people who collect the most receipts from different locally owned businesses will win prizes given by AIBA businesses.

Coffee with the board!
Come visit with members of your board of directors on the patio July 7th from 10-Noon. This is a new way for the board to try and connect with members in an informal setting. It's your chance to drink some coffee and hobnob with the leaders of your co-op! Come on out and say hello! We're planning this for the first Saturday of each month!

Hope to see you soon!
Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] 4th of July!, Dan Gillotte, 07/04/2007