wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Summer foods and a farm tour!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Summer foods and a farm tour!
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:23:04 -0400

Hi Wheatsville friends!

In this e-mail:
Visit a local farm this Sunday!
Produce is delicious!
What's up in Cheese?!?
The deli likes to make you food!

Last chance to RSVP for our farm visit with our friends at P/2 Organics this Sunday from 2-5pm! Many people have already RSVP-ed, so it should be a fun afternoon. Please RSVP to gm AT wheatsville.coop to let me know if you want to come. We'll have some refreshments, but you should bring water, sunscreen and a hat if you like!

For those that are carpooling, please plan to meet at Wheatsville in order to leave promptly at 1:20.
I'll be sending out a confirmation e-mail to all the folks that RSVP-ed on Friday to give any final details...

Summer is in full force at Wheatsville, especially in our produce department! Ralf and his crew are pulling out all the stops to have a great selection of delicious fruits and veggies for you!

Look for:
Organic Texas Cantaloupes
Organic Galia melons
Texas watermelons
Local Organic zucchini and squash
Texas green beans
Organic Local cukes
Organic Black and Red Plums
Organic Cherries
Organic Figs
Organic Nectarines
Organic Peaches
Organic White Peaches
Organic Green, Red and Black seedless Grapes

Fresh cut fruit! Convenient and delicious! We are also pleased to be offering fresh cut fruit for your delight. I love walking by the produce area when they are cutting the fruit up! It's like the best kind of summertime Aromatherapy!

Savor the season with Berries!
We've got Organic Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries and Raspberries! Berries are great by themselves, in muffins and cakes, on Ice Cream and more!

From the land of Cheese!
Gouda is a yellowish Dutch cheese named after the city of Gouda. The cheese is made from cow's milk that is cultured and heated until the curd is separate from the whey. About ten percent of the mixture is curds which are pressed into circular moulds for several hours. These molds are the essential reason behind its traditional, characteristic shape. The cheese is then soaked in a brine solution which gives the cheese its rind and distinctive taste. The cheese is then dried for a couple of days before being coated to prevent it from drying out, then it is aged for a number of weeks before it is ready to be eaten. Try pairing with a Riesling or Champagne, and remember, there are always recipes included in our weekly cheese display

The deli cooks so you don't have to!

Check out:
Our freshly made Gazpacho. It's delicious, cool and refreshing!
We have member coupons for our own homemade tuna salad, the Italian Stallion sandwich, and 3 Berry Smoothie!

 Read our article in Eat & Drink Austin magazine this month and then come get some refreshing and refueling drinks to beat the summer heat such as Lemonade, Hibiscus Mint Tea, Organic Black & Jasmine Green, Mate, and Freshly-Made Chai.

Summertime is Smoothie-time!
Our smoothies are really great and we use nothing but fruit and juice, milk, soymilk, etc. No ice fillers like some places!
Don’t forget new add-ins for smoothies
Hemp protein powder, cocoa nibs, and maca powder. Yummy, healthy goodness!

Hope to see you at the farm or in the store soon!

Dan
Wheatsville GM, e-mail guy and farm tour guide!
Are you our MySpace friend?
http://myspace.com/wheatsvillecoop

  • [Wheatsville] Summer foods and a farm tour!, Dan Gillotte, 06/21/2007