wheatsville - [Wheatsville] P/2 Organic Farm visit this Sunday! RSVP Now!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] P/2 Organic Farm visit this Sunday! RSVP Now!!!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:36:28 -0400

Hi folks,

this is one of 2 e-mails this week, because I want to make sure that you all remember to RSVP for our fun visit to P/2 Organics Farm this Sunday!

P/2 farm visit!
Our friends at P/2 Organic farm are allowing Wheatsville member-owners to come out and visit their farm for a tour this weekend! It will be this Sunday, June 24th from 2-5pm. We'll meet at Wheatsville and carpool out (though we'll make directions available for those who wish to go it alone!) We'll tour their farm which has fruit, vegetables, cows, dogs and cats! Visitors will get to taste from delicious P/2 Pesto and we'll have some other special refreshments, too! RSVPs are required, so please e-mail me gm AT wheatsville.coop if you'd like to attend!

>From their web-site: P/2 Organic is a TDA certified farm about 35 mi. NE of Austin in SE Williamson County. We own 100 acres, 16 of which are certified. We bought the farm in 1980 to get away from the city and to be as self-sufficient as possible. Over the years we expanded from a small garden plot to the 16 acres we now work. Our main spring/summer crop is okra and we also grow a variety of other vegetables from asparagus to zucchini. Our winter crop is greenhouse tomatoes and sweet basil

I hope that you can join us and you tell your friends about it!
Dan
Gm, farm tour guide and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] P/2 Organic Farm visit this Sunday! RSVP Now!!!, Dan Gillotte, 06/19/2007