wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Fresh Fruit!!! Local Eggs! Cool stuff!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Fresh Fruit!!! Local Eggs! Cool stuff!
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:35:16 -0500

Hi folks!

The produce department is still bursting with fresh fruit! Nothing tastes finer on a 100˚ day than fresh melon or berries!

We are now offering fresh cut fruit each day! Look for cut watermelon and other melons and cut fruit on ice in the produce department!
Other delicious fruit in their whole form include:
Organic Strawberries
Fresh Young Coconuts-
a very special treat that has a lot of fans around here!
Organic California Figs are abounding!
Organic Black, Green and Red Grapes are still delectable!
Organic Red and Black Plums have been getting good reviews.
The Texas Watermelons are juicy and sweet and from Texas!

Speaking of Texas, here at Wheatsville we offer two kinds of local eggs which are pretty special! We have carried the excellent Alexander Family Farms eggs for quite a while and they are extremely popular! H and J eggs are the new eggs we are offering and they are great quality, too. It's great that we can offer a larger amount of local eggs for your use! Thanks to these two fine farms and their hand delivered service!

It's too hot to cook inside for sure, so you might as well do it outside!

Fire up your grill and grill some sustainably harvested fish!
We are featuring:
Handcaught Mahi Mahi from Ecuador
Wild line-caught Alaskan Coho Salmon from the great folks at family fishery Trollerpoint http://www.trollerpoint.com

On the turf side of things, you may want to try Bandera Naturals Grassfed Longhorn Beef Boneless Ribeye Steaks!

If there is anything special that you would like to see in out meat department, ask for Bryan Butler and he will be glad to help you out! He is also willing to work out deals on large purchases!

It's still too hot to cook, right? Well, our deli can help you out!
I am always really happy with the deli's fresh salads. We've got one that will fit the bill for anyone!
Our salads are ample servings for lunch or dinner or can be split as a side salad.
Look for Grilled Natural Buddy's Chicken, Baked Tofu (in a number of varieties) or a variation on Insalata Caprese with fresh mozarella!
We also have small side salads if you're looking for a small addition to lunch or dinner or as a healthy snack!
Don't forget our salsa of the month, cucumber lime. It's available for only a few more days until the end of the month!

Also, our Co-op Advantage Specials for August will be winding down at the end of next week. Stock up now on any favorites that are currently on sale!

Here are just a few of the many deals we have available thanks to our teaming up with 100 other food co-ops across the country!

Westsoy Plus Soymilk 2 for $3
Kettle Potato Chips 2 for $3
Drew's All Natural Dressing $2.29
Garden of Eatin' Mini Corn Chips for $1.29
Endangered Species Chocolate bars $1.69
Health Valley Organic Cereal
Tasty Bite Indian Entrees for $2.49
Recharge beverages 2 for $3
Jason Natural Deodorant $3.99
Kiss My Face Olive Bar Soap $2.49
Amy's Kitchen Macaroni and cheese $2.29
Boca Veggie Burgers $3.49
Lifestream Flax PLus waffles $2.69
Soy Delicious Purely Decadent non-dairy dessert $2.69

Also, look for your Co-op Advantage Savings coupon book in the mail soon! Chock full of about $30 worth of savings! These coupons will expire October 31st!

Thank you as always for supporting your local food co-op!
We wouldn't be much without you!

Dan
Wheatsville Food Co-op GM and e-mail guy!