wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Fruit, Refreshers, Laptop Lunches. Third Thursday!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Fruit, Refreshers, Laptop Lunches. Third Thursday!
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:35:51 -0500

Hi friends!

Third Thursday is Back with awesome music!!!

Third Thursday is right around the corner and I am excited about the musical guests that we have lined up! Our very own Jefe and Joe's band will be playing for us all night from 7-10 this Thursday August 17th!
The band is called Brigante and they are an acoustic trio (guitar, accordion, and fiddle/banjo) that plays gypsy swing music, European folk music (mostly Italian), and Rebetica, which has been called the Greek blues.

I think that they will be great and I hope that you will join us in the parking lot between InStep and Wheatsville to celebrate Third Thursday with us! We'll also have delicious samples and some arts and crafts vendors!

Add Fresh Produce to your life!
Organic Cut Watermelon, Ralf and the produce department are removing any excuses from eating fresh watermelon! They are offering cut fresh ORGANIC Watermelon for your pleasure! When comparing prices remember that all the other places in town cut NON organic fruit, but we are using ORGANIC melon!

Other fruit of choice:
Organic Strawberry pounds for $3.99! These berries have been pretty dang tasty lately!
Organic California Fresh Figs
Organic Pluots , also known as Dinosaur Eggs (don’t worry, though. They’re vegan!)
Organic Colorado Peaches
Local Organic Eggplant from Montesino farm

The Land of Cheese and Olives
Spanish Raw Goat Milk Ibores
a great cheese with a crumbly texture. Fine as a table cheese; eat with fruit or could be used as a grated cheese on pasta or a salad.

Sustainably Harvested Seafood and Texas grass-fed beef for the grill!
Ahi Tuna
Sashimi grade Salmon
Grassfed Longhorn Bandera Beef Ribeye Steaks

Pause for a Refresher
Our deli has excellent cold drinks!
Fresh Lemonade
Organic Black Tea
Hibiscus Tea
Organic Peach Green Tea
Iced Coffee

Back to school in style!
Whether you are heading to college or sending your little ones off to Kindergarten, healthy lunches are a must! Niki in the Housewares world has brought in Laptop Lunchboxes to help you make your homemade lunch dreams come true!
A while back a member named Robin e-mailed me the following TRUE story about Laptop Lunchboxes!

"I'm a Wheatville member and shopper, and I want to tell you about a product that Wheatsville might be interested in carrying -- the LapTop LunchBox.
This is a cool company started by two moms in Santa Cruz California, who wanted to make a product that would help them pack healthy and environmentally-friendly lunches for their kids. I have been using one for the last two years for my son, and they are really great. He hasn't wanted
to eat the cafeteria food once.
Here is the product information:
http://www.laptoplunches.com/
http://www.laptoplunches.com/newsletters/MayNewsletter_2006.html

…It's is a product I could see Wheatsville selling, and would be a great thing to offer for back-to-school in the late summer. People often ask my son where he got his cool lunchbox, and I would love to refer people to Wheatsville. A lot of adults seem to use them for their lunches as well (and they are also great for bringing a good meal on an airplane!)

There's even a Flickr group where people are sharing photos of the yummy-looking lunches they packed. http://www.flickr.com/groups/laptop_lunches

Thanks for the tip Robin!
There is a great article in the Co-op Advantage Flyer called Lunch Makeover that can help you pack the best possible lunches!

Hope you have a great week!

Dan
Wheatsville Food Co-op!

  • [Wheatsville] Fruit, Refreshers, Laptop Lunches. Third Thursday!, Dan Gillotte, 08/16/2006