wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Fair Trade Fair!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Fair Trade Fair!
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:38:07 -0500

Hi Wheatsville!

It was great to see so many of you at our Member gathering last week! Thanks for coming out!

Our Investment Drive is going great! We've raised over $250,000 in just two weeks. We've got at least an estimated $50- 60,000 waiting in the wings! We are making terrific progress toward our goal of at least $500,000 raised from members. If you are interested in participating, and can invest at least $1,000, please contact Dan or Maria at the store for more information!

Third Thursday on Guadalupe is this week!

Come on by from 7-10 for fun up and down Guadalupe from 38th to the drag! At Wheatsville, we'll have a Children's Zone with fun entertainment for the whole family between 7-8! Wheatsville is also an Austin Duck Stop.

7- 7:30 The Scottish Rite Children's Theatre will perform scenes from Charlotte's Web f
7:30 to 8 Circus Chicken Dog & Friends - "favorite party entertainer" -- dog tricks, parrot tricks, unicycle, juggling, and story telling
At 8 o'clock, we'll have some fun belly-dancing from the Typsy Gypsies!

We'll also feature samples from the deli!
For more Third Thursday happenin's, check out this link:
www.AustinThirdThursday.com

This Sunday is our First Annual Fair Trade Fair from 11-3 in the back parking lot. The Texas Fair Trade Coalition is working with us on this and it should be a great day.

Come by and see booths from Fair trade Friends like:
Ten Thousand Villages -
Products:
- rings ($3-$5)
- bangles/bracelets ($3 - $12)
- some of our most popular necklaces & earrings ($10-$28, $6-$20)
- paperweights (6 river rocks + fish rock + Burma Teak Heart)
- items made from recycled newspapers (hot mats, coasters, picture frame)
- small amount of Kisii sculpture (loop and 2 dancers)
- a selection of bags/purses, including coin purses ($20-$40, $4-$14)
- mini soapstone boxes ($3)
- onyx frog paperweight
- assorted kaisa baskets to hold items ($8-$16?)
- maybe some handmade paper products
- maybe a couple of musical instruments

American Friends Service Committee -
-t-shirts
-Shugs T-shirts
-water bottles
-little canvas tote bags

Mojo's -
-Ice Mojos (made with FT coffee)

We'll have Ben & Jerry's coupons & gift certificates to give out

Wheatsville will be featuring fair trade chocolate and coffee from our friends at Equal Exchange. Equal Exchange has been one of the leaders of the Fair Trade movement, and we're so pleased to partner with them!

Hope to see you at one event or another!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Fair Trade Fair!, Dan Gillotte, 10/18/2005