wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Gathering Wednesday!!! Join us!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Gathering Wednesday!!! Join us!
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:23:27 -0500

Hello Wheatsville!

It was great to see so many of you this weekend at Member Appreciation Day! Over 1,000 of you came out to get your discount and be appreciated! We had our second best day ever and our single best week ever! Thanks for your support.

It's Co-op Month, so we're celebrating with our Fall Member Gathering at the Zilker Clubhouse Wednesday night from 6:30 - 10. Join us for a wine tasting, yummy food from our deli, information sharing about our expansion, pumpkin carving, fire dancing and more! We'll be eating at 7 pm sharp! Admission is just $5 and kids under 12 eat for free! We look forward to seeing you!

Our Member Investment drive is off to a great start with over $175,000 pledged so far and many additional folks expressing interest. If you want to participate in this great program, please contact Maria or Dan at 478-2667! At this time, we are looking for a minimum investment of $1,000 and an average investment of $4,000 so that we can reach our goal more quickly and keep our expenses of administering the program as low as possible. Thank you to all the great member-owners who have been able to help us so far!

Our Board, Boycott and Community Action Wednesday election is underway. If you haven't voted yet, you may do so on-line! just go to http://www.wheatsville.coop/election/index.html

Wheatsville is a sponsor of the Lone Star Vegetarian Network Vegetarian Chili Cook-off happening this Sunday from 12-4 at the Austin Zoo. This is a really great annual event that usually brings out some great veggie chili teams! For more info: http://www.lsvn.org/

Next week is our next Third Thursday on Guadalupe from 7-10. The space between Wheatsville and InStep is being designated a Children's area, so bring out your little ones for fun activities including excerpts from a play by the Scottish Rite Children's Theater and other fun stuff!

On Sunday October 23rd, Wheatsville is hosting the First Annual Texas Fair Trade Fair. We'll have live music and samples of fair trade chocolate and coffee from 11-3 in our back parking lot.

Hope to see you!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Member Gathering Wednesday!!! Join us!, Dan Gillotte, 10/11/2005