wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Baby Apples, Book Drives, and healthy eating

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Baby Apples, Book Drives, and healthy eating
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:23:18 -0500

Hello Wheatsville!

This Sunday the 30th at 11 am is our next Healthy Vegetarian Eating tour with member Amy Tharp Nylund. She will be featuring fast and easy meals for families and singles! Here are are the names of the recipes she will be talking about:
Vegan Tennessee Corn Pone
Savory Split Pea Soup
Wheat Roast Fajitas
Cheeseless Pesto Pasta
Pumpkin-Carob Muffins

Currently, we are collecting books for the All Austin Cooperative Nursery. Please support this great organization with children's books! I'd like to think that we Wheatsville Co-operators could full that bucket up, so do your part if you can!

This is the last week for your Co-op Advantage coupons, so come and use 'em up! They expire on October 31st.

It's also the last week for October specials check then out at http://wheatsville.coop/pop_CAP%20specials.html

Our board and Community Action Wednesday election is ongoing. If you haven't voted yet, please take a couple of minutes and go to http://www.wheatsville.coop/election/index.html

Our Investment Drive is doing extremely well and many of your co-op friends have invested in their co-op to the tune of more than $300,000! This was raised in just three weeks!!! Thanks to all who have invested and if you're interested, please contact Dan or Maria at 478-2667 for more info, or look at the information on-line at http://www.wheatsville.coop/invest.html

In the store:

A member called me today and told me that they were enjoying the tiny apples that we had in produce. She said that they were sharing them in her daughter's kindergarten class and the kids were ecstatic because they could eat a WHOLE apple! These apples are really cute!

The deli has begun offering some delicious fall offerings that you might want to check out! The Poached Pears look divine and the roasted carrots and roasted parsnips are hearty and delicious!

Bryan in the meat department is taking pre-orders on Organic and Natural Mary's turkeys. pre-order your turkey now to be assured of the right size for Thanksgiving!

Also, check out Wheatsville's Own sausages!

I hope you are all enjoying this "cold" snap!

Yay for Fall!

Have a great week!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Baby Apples, Book Drives, and healthy eating, dan gillotte, 10/24/2005