wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and more

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and more
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:13:41 -0500

Hi Wheatsville Friends!

Just a quick e-mail to remind you about Member Appreciation Day THIS Saturday!!! We'll have samples from 12-4 and a 10% discount for all members all day long! See you there!

Join us next Wednesday September 12th from 6:30 to 10pm at the Zilker Clubhouse for our Fall Member Gathering. Delicious food, a wine tasting, expansion information and more!

We are also deep in the annual election! Vote for board candidiates, the boycott election and our Community Action Wednesday groups. You can do it on-line!!!
http://www.wheatsville.coop/election/index.html

Co-op Advantage Specials! On-line at
http://www.wheatsville.coop/pop_CAP%20specials.html

Ask about our Member Investment Program! Earn a 4% dividend helping your co-op to grow!

Here is an event that may be of interest to Wheatsville members:

Introducing Kaleidoscope Village Cohousing -- Sunday, October 9, from 1 to 4 PM

Central Austin Cohousing is happy to present our new home, Kaleidoscope Village. It is located four miles east of IH 35 and downtown Austin near Highway 183, the Discovery Charter School, the East Communities Branch YMCA, and a future hike-and-bike trail. Our development team will build approximately 35 homes – duplexes, triplexes, and single-family homes - clustered around a community green. One-third to one-half of our six-acre property will be organically maintained green space.

Cohousing is a well-established type of intentional neighborhood, created to support a balance of community life and personal privacy. Homeowners jointly own and manage extensive common facilities, including a large common house f or regular shared meals, guest rooms, workshop, and children’s play spaces. We share a commitment to living in community and consensus-based decision-making; otherwise, we’re a diverse group of people in different life stages and with a wide variety of interests.

If you might like to live in a cohousing community, this is a great time to find out if cohousing is right for you, get involved, and have a say in our final site layout, common facilities design, and community life.

We’re hosting a project introduction and site tour on Sunday, October 9 from 1 to 4 PM. Children are welcome. If you plan to go on the full site tour, please wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.

To get to Kaleidoscope Village: from the intersection of U.S. 183 and East Martin Luther King, Jr. (FM 969), go 1 1/2 blocks east on MLK/969. Look for the signs and entrance on the left (north) side of the road.  Follow the signs for parking.

For more information about cohousing and Kaleidoscope Village, please visit our website at www.austincohousing.org, or call Becky Weaver at 478-7321 or leave a message at 866/752-7358.

If you can’t make the site tour, mark your calendar for a Community Orientation event on Sunday, October 23, place and time to be announced on our website.

I hope to see you soon!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville Co-op

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day and more, dan gillotte, 10/07/2005