wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Happenin'

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Happenin'
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:33:40 -0500

Hello Wheatsville fans!!!

Lots of stuff happening during Co-op Month...
Tonight, Wheatsville along with the Alamo Drafthouse and the Austin Parks Foundation present Movies in the Park at Republic Square Park. Come see Raiders of the Lost Ark under the stars in one of our best downtown parks. The show starts at dusk with some pre-show entertainment before then. For more information see http://www.austinparks.org

Member Appreciation Day is this Saturday October 8th! Come by all day for a 10% discount and enjoy samples from 12-4.

Please join us for our Member Gathering at Zilker Clubhouse on Wednesday October 12th from 6:30-10. We'll have a wine tasting, food from our deli, information about the expansion and our investment drive along fire dancing and other entertainment all for just $5!!! If you're interested in sharing rides, please let me know by Monday, particularly if you're willing to give a ride. Thanks and we hope to see you there!

Hopefully, you've received a letter in the mail telling you about our Investment Drive. If you're interested in getting call to talk more about it, please send me an e-mail or call and talk to me about it. At this time, we are seeking a minimum investment of $1,000 with the goal of $4,000 as our average investment. The investment pays a 4% dividend per year and we have a special premium for those members who can invest $10,000 or more! Call or email me if you want to learn more!

Co-op Advantage Specials for October are available now!
Here are just a few of the items you could look for on deal at the co-op!

Organic Valley Orange Juice 64 oz for $4.29
Imagine Enriched Soy Dream 32 oz for $1.69
Nature's Path Cereal selected varieties for $2.89
Health Valley Soup selected varieties for $1.49
Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes 28 oz for $1.69!
WholeSoy Soy Yogurt for 79ยข
Alexia Potatoes for $1.89
Lifestream Waffles for $2.29
Soy Delicious fruit sweetened pints for $2.29
Strauss Family Creamery Organic Ice Cream pints $3.49

Look for Wheatsville's Own Fresh Sausages in the meat case! Bryan, our meat guy is busting out new homemade sausages. Today, we've got Wheatsville's Own Spicy Lime & Cilnatro Chicken Sausage!

Bryan is also taking special orders for Mary's Organic Turkeys. Please see Bryan or a meat clerk for assistance with these special orders. We'll have more info soon, but these come from the same farm that we've used for the past couple of years and they've been extremely well-received. They're not deep frozen like most turkeys out there. Yes, it's true... Thanksgiving is not that far away!

Keep an ear out for more information about our first ever Fair Trade Fair here at the co-op on Sunday October 23rd from 11-3. We'll have speakers and music as well as samples and information about the importance and value of Fair Trade!

Thank you so much for your continued support!!! I hope to see you at some upcoming events!!!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Happenin', Dan Gillotte, 10/04/2005