wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Summer food...

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Summer food...
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:04:53 -0500

Hello Wheatsville enthusiasts!

I have an e-mail chock full of good eatin’! Come check us out this weekend and stock up on these delights:

Produce has it going on (as they say…)
LOCAL Organic melons from our friends at Buena Tierra farms
. Ralf, our produce guy, bought up a ton of their melons so that they could go on vacation next week! (What a guy!) So, maybe you can help Ralf out by taking some melons off his hands? Refrigerator Watermelons for $5.49 and lovely Yellow Watermelons for $4.49 each. Now is the time for local organic Watermelon!

We’ve got Organic Nectarines on sale for just $1.99 a pound Nectarines are the non-fuzzy relative of the peach, but they have even more beta carotene than their fuzzier friend. I love the nectarines!
Organic Nectarines have not been widely available in Austin so far this summer, so check them out at the co-op! Other ORGANIC summer fruit that you may not find elsewhere… Apricots, and Red and Black Plums. We’ve got them and they are ORGANIC!!!

We’ve got Organic Strawberries in 2 pound containers for $5.99. These strawberries have been very delicious, so don’t miss ‘em!
Pints of Organic Blueberries for $4.69
Organic Red Seedless Grapes on sale for $2.49/ pound!
Also, don’t miss out on Organic Cherries, their season doesn’t last forever, we’ve got the amazing Bing and Rainier varieties for your eating pleasure!

The Deli cooks so you don’t have to!

Co-op Share recipes from our sister co-op, Linden Hills in Minneapolis, are Bucky’s baked beans and Tofu Oat Burgers. These recipes are both getting raves from staff!

Bleu Cheese Potato Salad is our featured weekend potato salad.

We’ve got a delightful smoothie special, too! Amazon Cherry Booster with FRESH Ginger! This is cooling and refreshing!

In cheese, look for a light and tangy summer flavor with our NEW Lemon Zest White Stilton. An English cheese with lemon peel!
Also, this will be the last weekend that Morningland Dairy’s Organic Raw Cow Milk cheeses are on sale!

We continue to feature wild, line caught Alaskan fish from the Hoffman’s at Troller Point Fisheries. Wild, Line caught Alaskan Salmon, Butter Fish and Ahi Tuna are available.

LAST WEEKEND TO VOTE IN THE AUSTIN CHRONICLE BEST OF AUSTIN POLL. Please think of us when voting! http://www.austinchronicle.com/feedback/bestof/05/

As always, thanks for supporting your food co-op! Tell your friends!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Summer food..., dan gillotte, 07/08/2005