wheatsville - [Wheatsville] June 16th fan drive and 3rd Thursday!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] June 16th fan drive and 3rd Thursday!
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:41:53 -0500

Hi friends!
Third Thursday on Guadalupe this Thursday June 16th from 7-10 pm from 23rd –38th street!

Wheatsville is pleased to announce our next Third Thursday on Guadalupe!

Free samples and lots of sidewalk chalk for drawing on our parking lot! Kids and adults welcome!

At 7:45 The Nueces Stompers will be entertaining us. They are a traditional group who sing about
Texas folklore in an a cappella work song style with rhythms made by stomping and clapping. This sounds great, so don’t miss it!!!

At 8:30 the Bellyettes will be bellydancing for us. This is a children’s belly-dancing troupe with kids from Wheatsville staff included. I can’t wait to see them!!!

After dark, Adelyn from our kitchen will be joining some of her fire dancing friends for more fire fun at the co-op! This was a really cool part of our May 3rd Thursday, so I wanted to include it again.
We are partnering with Famil.y Eldercare for their annual fan drive. Please bring your fans (or donations) by so that we can deliver them to elderly folks in need of fans in the summer heat. This fan drive saves lives and you can help! http://familyeldercare.org/donate/2004SummerFanDrive.asp

And now a word from our friends at In-step:

We are having a sidewalk sale!  We have 400 pair of shoes/sandals and clogs all for $19.95!
-We are giving away Frozen Lemonade!
-Register to Win a new pair of Birkenstock Sandals!

So, if you’re bereft because In-step didn’t have their tent sale, this is your chance to quell the grief!
Scroll down for complete details on the many activities happening this Thursday all up and down da Loop!

In the store

We continue to have record sales here at the co-op! We appreciate your patronage as the days get hotter!
The deli has some help to keep your kitchen cool…
Cooling summer salads and gazpacho are available every day and make a great dinner or lunch. Just grab some on your way home for an easy meal!
Bryan our meat guy is introducing a very fancy new dish that you might enjoy, an Organic pork tenderloin stuffed with fresh spinach, goat chevre and walnuts. This Organic Prairie pork comes from small family farms and is extremely lean. This elegant entrée would make a deluxe meal without the fuss. Just add some vegetables, a grain or some salad!

Here is a list of all the businesses with fun stuff or deals especially for Third Thursday!

June 16 Third Thursday on Guadalupe Program of Events

23rd
St. Artist’s Market – 23rd & Guadaupe
belly dancers, magician, music, ice cream vendor, massage therapist

Tyler’s Sports– 2338 Guadalupe
Sidewalk Sale

Edge – 2354 Guadalupe
Sidewalk sale

Whole Earth Provision Co. – 2410 San Antonio
Free sodas, raffle for reefs w/ bottle opener

Pipes Plus – 2418 Guadalupe
Half price hookahs, live music

Slices & Ices on the Drag - 2503 Guadalupe
Fire dancers, acoustic music

Cream Vintage – 2532 Guadalupe
Outside bands and fire dancers

Kerbey Lane Café – 2606 Guadalupe
Food, drinks

Pangaea Trading Co,. – 2712B Guadalupe
Live music by The Steps, Firedancing by Zarah, 20% off everything from 7-10

Rock Dog – 2801 Guadalupe
Half price dogs, dollar budwieser

Waterloo Cycles & Quonset Hut – 2815 Fruth
Outdoor movies, Beverages, hotdogs

Spiderhouse – 2908 Fruth
DJ’s Plus Film night starting at 10:00 - Rushmore

Vulcan Video – 609 W. 29th
Live music by The Kodiaks

Toy Joy – 2900 Guadalupe
Free stickers & fake tattoos

I Luv Video – 2915 Guadalupe
Live Music Underwood and Unitard

Tom’s Tabooley – 2928 Guadalupe
Glass blowing, 2 for 1 falafel

Trudy’s – 409 W. 30th
3.50 swirl margaritas

Four Sons’ Quality Cleaners & Movon Easy
Entertainment, vendors

Wheatsville Co-op – 3101 Guadalupe
Free food samples, fire dancing, The Bellyettes, a children's belly dancing troupe and more

InStep – 3105 Guadalupe
Sidewalk sale!  We have 400 pair of shoes/sandals and clogs all for $19.95! Free Frozen Lemonade! Register to Win a new pair of Birkenstock Sandals!

Thundercloud Subs – 3200 Guadalupe
Food Samples

Zig Zag Salon – 3200 Guadalupe
Free beverages; open late, 10% pre-booked appointments, 20% off all retail products

Avant Garde Salon – 3405 Guadalupe
Mr. Lewis, Funeral 5, Food & Drinks, 20% discount on Aveda Products

Zen Japanese Food Fast – 3423 Guadalupe
30% off for UT Students and Faculty,

RT Gallery – 3701 Guadalupe
Artists exhibiting: Rama Tiru, Jan Roset, Mike Krone, Bryant Faubion. Music by Marty & Naiman and Portait sketches by Mke Krone

Thank you again for all your support! We couldn’t do it without you!!
Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville Co-op
GM and e-mail Guy

  • [Wheatsville] June 16th fan drive and 3rd Thursday!, dan gillotte, 06/13/2005