wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Summer weekend!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Summer weekend!
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:04:15 -0500

Hi Wheatsville!

Happy weekend!

We’ve been appreciating all your support this June as we continue to serve more and more of Austin with our co-op food store.

This is the time to be eating produce, and I hope you’re finding what you like. Ralf and his crew do a great job with limited cooler space to provide all the bounty that summer provides.
We’ve got Organic Texas Watermelons this weekend. Ralf says, “They’re freakin’ good!”
Organic Canteloupes at 99¢/ lb
Berries!
Organic Strawberries $3.99 for a pound
Organic Raspberries $2.99 for a 1/2 pint
Texas Hill Country peaches for $1.49
Organic nectarines, plums, and apricots are also out in force.
I’m really proud of the quality of our ripe stone fruit. We don’t refrigerate them within an inch of their lives like most places, so when you buy them they are often ready to eat and delicious, flavorful and juicy. When buying this fruit from Wheatsville, buy what you think you’ll eat over the next day or two and come back for more when you’re done. We’re happy to provide!
Organic grapes, red and green are also available and good and sweet!
We also have organic limes right now, so check ‘em out!
Look for organic spinach at $1.49 a bunch. Make a nice summer salad!

The deli cooks so you don’t have to!
Look for Fish Tacos on special this week in the deli!
Also, don’t miss our rotating assortment of light and fresh Cole Slaws. There are some new ones including a Firecracker slaw that isn’t super hot, but has a real vinegary punch and Dana’s Meme’s Slaw that is sweet and light with green olives in it.
Another new item in the deli case; Peas. Please! A homestyle peas and cheese salad like Mom used to make!

The meat department is ready for grilling with Bandera Grass-fed beef Strip Steaks on sale for $10.59.
Buddy’s natural chicken breast at $6.49.
We continue to offer the fresh Alaskan fish from Troller Point Fisheries including Salmon, Black Cod, Halibut and introducing Black Drum.

Please support Wheatsville in the Austin Chronicle best of Austin balloting. It’s happening now, so go to http://www.austinchronicle.com/feedback/bestof/05/ There are a few categories where Wheatsville might fill the bill… Best Coffee/tea selection, Best outdoor seating, and (most importantly) Best Specialty/ Gourmet Grocery. We won this category last year thanks to your help. Will you help us again!

Thanks again for supporting your co-op!

Dan Gillotte
GM and Wheatsville e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Summer weekend!, dan gillotte, 06/24/2005