wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Thanks for shopping

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Thanks for shopping
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:45:58 -0600

<x-tad-bigger>Hello Wheatsville friends! Well, Thanksgiving is nearly upon us! I hope that you are getting ready to enjoy a fun and friendly holiday and that delicious food is a part of it!
</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and I love working in a grocery store during this season because we are such an important part of everyone’s celebrations. I hope to see you in the next day or so despite the rain!

Once again here at Wheatsville, we are pulling out all the stops to provide you with all the products you need for a special Thanksgiving. Whether you are a vegan or a proud omnivore, we’ve got it here for you.

</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>We still have some Mary’s Organic Free Range turkeys available. They've been very popular and we've sold quite a few already this year. As of 9:30a.m. on Tuesday, we have several in the 10-12 pound range and several in the 19-21 range and one 26 pounder. All of these organic free range turkeys are available on a first come first served basis today. </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>These are a deeply chilled bird, but not frozen and don’t need the extremely long thaw time that the frozen birds do.

For the vegetarians, we have an incredible deal on Tofurkys. </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>The Tofurky Feast is available from Wheatsville at the terrific price of $18.29. This is the lowest price we have ever offered (thanks to the Co-op Advantage Program) and is over $6.70 cheaper than Whole Foods’ price! </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>(WOW! Tell your friends about this amazing deal and save them some serious dough!) </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>We also have the very delicious Unturkey available this year in two sizes. </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>(This is actually my favorite of the turkey alternatives, but some people I know prefer Tofurky.) </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>As of 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday we have some available, but we are expecting a truck filled with Thanksgiving items to arrive any moment and we should have plenty of these items through Thanksgiving. Don't forget to read the instructions on thawing your fake turkey. Tofurkys and the small Unturkey take about 24 hours in your fridge to thaw. Large Unturkeys take about 36 hours.</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>

Our deli is cranking out all the favorites this year, too. </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>For sides look for Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables, Green Beans with Shallots, Cranberry Orange Relish, Cornbread Stuffing, Leek Roasted Tempeh, Astonishing Vegan Gravy, and Rosemary Biscuits. We also have 2 yummy appetizers Garlic Chive Cheddar Ball and Walnut Pecan Pate.
</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>
We have LOTS of PIES!!! Dessert, possibly the best part of Thanksgiving is covered wonderfully by the deli. </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>We’ll have Pumpkin Pie (traditional or vegan), vegan Chocolate Mousse Pie, Vegan Coconut Cream (my favorite!), Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, and Pecan Pie. These pies are all incredibly delicious and will make your dessert a favored part of Thanksgiving!</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>

</x-tad-bigger>Wheatsville is the place for your Thanksgiving shopping. We’ve got great deals and a comfortable environment that makes shopping for this special holiday a breeze. Come on in and let us help you make your Thanksgiving great!

Why not enjoy your Thanksgiving shopping for a change?
<x-tad-bigger>
At the registers, look for a full color hand-out with tips and recipes for a great Thanksgiving.

Hope to see you soon!

Dan
Wheatsville Head Turkey
</x-tad-bigger>

  • [Wheatsville] Thanks for shopping, dan gillotte, 11/23/2004