typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] an update from the list moderator

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] an update from the list moderator
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:14:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Thanks for the props Dina! And congratulations on your marriage and teaching
job. Condolences about your father. Now that you're closer to California,
hopefully we can meet in person now!

Re: Girl Monster. Alex of Chicks on Speed, who's on this list and was
responsible for the GM compilation, created a really great Girl Monster
installation for a European exhibit, Switch on the Power!, that's now in
Spain. More info is at http://www.montehermoso.net/en/switch1.html. It would
be great if something like this could happen in the U.S.

Re: The Heebie-Jeebies at CBGBs: A Secret History of Jewish Punk. Steven Lee
Beeber had contacted me about doing an interview for his book, but it never
happened for a variety of reasons. I haven't read it yet.

Sharon