typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] an update from the list moderator

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: mike AT appelstein.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] an update from the list moderator
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:05:11 -0500

Congrats on everything, Dina (and condolences on your dad)! Hard to
believe this list has been active for almost a decade now.

Re the Heebie-Jeebies at CBGBs: decent book, especially if (like me)
you're interested in the dividing line between secular and sacred,
between a raucous Simchat Torah service and a punk show. I seem to
remember having my criticisms, but none of them come to mind at the
moment.

-Mike

Quoting Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>:

congratulations on getting married!

just have a bit of an update of sorts re: PragVEC.
I've been emailing a bit with Nick Cash since he was
also the drummer for the Lines (and Fad Gadget and...)
and I asked him. All he said was things seem to be
going ahead, that there were some issues that needed
resolving but that it's been sorted out, so that
sounds positive, I guess!

-dan
http://www.acuterecords.com