typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] an update from the list moderator

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Allan Metz" <ametz AT drury.edu>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] an update from the list moderator
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:11:35 -0500

...Finally, I am just getting into this neat book called The Heebie-Jeebies
at CBGBs: A Secret History of Jewish Punk. So far, I am really enjoying
Beeber's analysis. I haven't yet read the chapter called, "The New JAPS
(Jewish American Punks): Jewish American Women and the Birth of Female Punk,"
however I can already tell it overlooks some women celebrated on this
listserv. I seem to have a vague recollection of hearing that Ari-Up and Lora
Logic are Jewish and I don't see their names in the index. Anyone familiar
with this book who wants to chime in?...
***Hi Dina: I've read the book, and exchanged messages with the author, who
appears to be open to suggestions.

In the interest of full discosure, the author cited my book in the chapter on
Deborah Harry--"Chris Stein Creates the First Punk Princess"--and mentioned
my name in the Acknowledgements.

Allan Metz
Blondie, From Punk to the Present: A Pictorial History
http://www.blondiebook.com/

<<winmail.dat>>