typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] books!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Lisa Garrett" <lisajgarrett AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] books!
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:28:01 -0500

I have to say that the Love & Rockets comic is what got me into that genre in the first place. I thought graphic novels and comics were all only for nerdy boys until I checked out the Hernandez Bros's art, storylines - and strong connection to music. This happened in 1998 (their comics had been around a lot longer previously) and now I've found not only other artists, but female artists as well that have turned me around!

Re: the Kleenex/Liliput book - Marlene had self-published a book of black and white artwork, flyers, and articles associated with the band. Don't know if it's available anymore, and I don't have her e-mail address since my last computer crash, but it seems she may not be too hard to track down for anyone interested in buying it from her.
LG