typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Marine Girls

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Edward Arthur" <ed.arthur AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Marine Girls
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:18:15 -0500

Hi,

Showing my ignorance here, bear with me.

I was listening to an Unrest bootleg (Imperfect Teeth - Perfect Teeth
LP/CD but live with
an extra track or two). I heard the song "Love To Know" which I guess
is by the Marine
Girls. I'm completely in love with this song. Went home to play the
Isabel Bishop EP (for my daughter named Isabel :-) ) and I realize
that I actually already have the studio version of
"Love To Know" on this EP!

So is the Marine Girls version recommended/as good as this? Somehow I
completely
missed this back in the day...but that's not surprising for me.

Also, my CD player on my laptop is acting up and for the umpteenth
time I'm listening
to the WFMU 99 Records show. Definitely one of my favorite listens.
It makes it all the
more special now that I "know' Aileen Brophy!

/Ed