typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] china...

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] china...
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:31:58 -0700 (PDT)

so it's been many years since I've been up on what the
latest thing is (as opposed to the latest thing 20
years ago) but I've been getting excited about all
these Chinese bands I discovered via a tip from Mike
Watt on another mailing list, then one of the bands
adding Acute Records due to being into some of our
stuff. So I've been digging around myspace listening
to these awesome bands like Car-sick Cars and P.K.14
and found Hang on the Box, who should be of interest
to this list. They've been around for a long time and
have played the US/toured and whatnot so maybe
everyone's heard them, maybe they've been discussed
here, sorry if it's old news. Anyway, check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/beijinghangonthebox

And definately check out Car-sick Cars, really good
stuff. I think it's awesome, not just finding bands on
my own, but finding people I never would've heard of
adding Acute as friends...have you heard about this
myspace thing? It's the latest craze!

-dan selzer
acute records
ny-happenings