typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] a request

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Dina Hornreich" <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] a request
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:05:13 -0600

I'm keeping it within the confines of the general TG time frame (70s/80s) for the sake of time and ease (the new yearly fast is quickly approaching us here in Denver, CO). I'm sure I'll change my mind when I see other lists posted... Looking forward to seeing YOURS.

OK. Some relevant reissues/compilation cds that strike my fancy these days, in no particular order --
1)  y pants (periodic document) resissue
2)  au pairs "stepping out of line: the anthology" (castle music) reissue
3)  lene lovich "stateless...plus" (rhino) reissue
4)  salem 66 "1983-1987" (homestead) compilation -- kinda out of the TG time frame
5)  bush tetras "boom in the night" (roir) compilation
6)  altered images "pinky blue...plus" (edsel) reissue
7)  siouxsie and the banshees "the scream" deluxe 2cd set (polydor) reissue
8)  ludus "pickpocket" (ltm) reissue w/"danger came smiling"
9)  martha and the muffins "far away in time" (caroline) compilation
10) penetration (griffin music) reissue

honorary mentions (sic) must go  to:
family fodder "savoir fair" (dbc)
x-ray spex "germ-free adolescents" reissue (virgin)
oh ok "complete recordings" (collector's choice msuic)
stiff records box set (rhino)
v/a femme fatale 3cd box (dressed to kill)
KRS stuff: essential logic, liliput/kleenex, & delta 5
crippled dick: maximum joy & GRLZ comps
ut
girl monster comp. (which I haven't yet heard in its entirety)
raincoats, slits, laurie anderson (then and now)