typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Reissues, Reynolds, Reminders

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Reissues, Reynolds, Reminders
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:56:00 -0400

Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:28:56 -0800
From: "John Caples" <jcaples AT gmail.com>

I think I will read the Reynolds book even though I think he's a
terrible writer...

Well, to each his own but out of curiosity, who do you think covers the same material better? I'm not being defensive- I'd really to know of other writers who cover this area well.

Any new information on the reissue status of either the Dolly Mixture
Demonstration Tapes or of the pragVEC thing on Mute?

PV is moving slowly because of John's widow. That isn't to say that she's a bad person but she wants things done right (in accordance with what were John's wishes). As far as I know, the issues seem to be how everything is going to be remastered. Sue is kind of tired of how this is dragging out but I keep telling her that they've come this far and it seems that they're at the final stages now. Also, as I've learned from doing other reissue projects, these things can take YEARS to do...

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>